- 125 hour nurse aide training program approved by the PA Department of Education
- New classes starting every six weeks
- Classes are scheduled Monday through Friday, 7:00 am to 3:00 pm for approximately four weeks
- Conveniently held at Gracedale Nursing Home
- Training program prepares attendees for the Nurse Aide competency examination
Admission to the Nurse Aide Training Program at Gracedale Nursing Home includes those individuals chosen by administrative personnel seeking entrance into the nurse aide program with eventual enrollment in the Pennsylvania nurse aide registry. Other requirements include a medical evaluation, 2 step mantoux, CHRI that is paid by the trainee (original to be given to the trainee), verification of residency, drug hair analysis (as required by the nursing home and retained by the nursing home) and basic reading and writing skills. These requirements must be fulfilled prior to the start of class.
Successful completion of the program may provide an opportunity to interview for a position working as a Certified Nurse Aide in our beautiful nursing home!
- Full benefits package for full-time employees
- Possible vision, prescription, and pension for part-time employees, depending upon hours worked
- Hourly weekday and weekend bonuses
- Shift differential for 3:00 to 11:00 and 11:00 to 7:00 shift
- Full-time schedule includes four weekdays and every other weekend
- Part-time schedule includes two weekdays and every other weekend
- Good staffing ratio
Vision and Prescription
Applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and present valid proof of vaccinated status, in order to be eligible for hire at Gracedale Nursing Home. According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), people are considered fully vaccinated two (2) weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series (such as Pfizer or Moderna vaccines), or two (2) weeks after a single-dose vaccine (such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine).
Upon hire employee must have a drug screening and COVID-19 testing. Employees may also be periodically tested for COVID-19 as required or recommended. In addition, Gracedale Nursing Home will follow The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) requirements with regard to booster(s) needed for workers in health care settings.
Equal Employment Opportunities – It is the policy of Northampton County to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, sex, gender identity, gender expression, age, genetic information, disability, or any other status protected by the Pennsylvania Human Relations Act, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and any other state, federal, or local law.