Gracedale Nursing Home is seeking a Chaplain.
This is a 1099 contracted position.
Interested candidates should review the below information regarding the Chaplaincy Services Program, and then submit their resume and letter of interest to Amy Kahler at:
Gracedale Nursing Home
Attn. Amy Kahler
2 Gracedale Avenue, Nazareth PA 18064
PROGRAM DESCRIPTION - CHAPLAINCY SERVICES
Under the supervision of the Assistant Nursing Home Administrator, the Chaplain will provide the following services to those Gracedale residents who desire them.
1. Visiting all new residents and providing adjustment counseling as needed.
2. Providing assessment/counseling to all residents referred by the Social Service Department.
3. Providing visitation and spiritual counseling to all residents who request chaplaincy services.
4. Providing loss/grief counseling to residents who have recently had a major loss or who are facing a very serious/terminal illness.
5. Assisting with the facilitation of the Alzheimer's Family Support Group.
6. Providing a weekly church service for all interested residents, offering Holy Communion on a regular basis.
7. Conducting a monthly Memorial Service for the families and friends of recently deceased residents.
8. Providing a regular program of hymns and spiritual visitations to the residents of the dementia unit(s) at Gracedale.
9. Logging all visits and providing needed documentation for counseling services for medical records/contract monitoring.
10. Provide a copy of the CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card.
11. The Chaplain’s work schedule will be determined mutually by the County of Northampton and the Chaplain. It will not exceed thirty (30) hours per week.
12. The Chaplain will work under the direction of the Assistant Nursing Home Administrator, who will review the Chaplain’s performance for compliance and evaluation in conjunction with the Nursing Home Administrator.
13. All services will be rendered at Gracedale.
14. The rate of reimbursement will be twenty dollars and thirty-six cents ($20.36) per hour.
15. The Chaplain is deemed an Independent Contractor and shall not, during the term of the contract, assign, subcontract, transfer or otherwise delegate all or any part of its obligations or responsibilities without prior written approval of the County of Northampton.
- Part-time employees are not eligible for benefits.